Description : Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communications media, such as print, broadcasting, and advertising. Direct workers engaged in art work or layout design.
JobTitles : Art Director; Art Supervisor; Creative Director; Creative Guru; Design Director; Designer; Director of Creative Services, Consumer Products; Group Art Supervisor; Production Manager; Senior Art Director
- Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
- Manage own accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Confer with creative, art, copywriting, or production department heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts and to coordinate creative activities.
- Present final layouts to clients for approval.
- Review and approve art materials, copy materials, and proofs of printed copy developed by staff members.
- Work with creative directors to develop design solutions.
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
- Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications.
- Negotiate with printers and estimators to determine what services will be performed.