Description : Plan and coordinate various aspects of radio, television, stage, or motion picture production, such as selecting script, coordinating writing, directing and editing, and arranging financing.
JobTitles : Producer, News Producer, Television News Producer, Promotions Producer, Television Producer (TV Producer), Animation Producer, Executive Producer, Newscast Producer, Radio Producer, Associate Producer
- Write and edit news stories from information collected by reporters and other sources.
- Coordinate the activities of writers, directors, managers, and other personnel throughout the production process.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other informational sources.
- Review film, recordings, or rehearsals to ensure conformance to production and broadcast standards.
- Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Conduct meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing operational reports, distributing rehearsal call sheets and script copies, and arranging for rehearsal quarters.
- Resolve personnel problems that arise during the production process by acting as liaisons between dissenting parties when necessary.
- Hire directors, principal cast members, and key production staff members.
- Arrange financing for productions.