Music Composers & Arrangers
Description : Write and transcribe musical scores.
JobTitles : Music Composer, Music Arranger, Music Producer, Film Composer, Songwriter, Composer, Creative Director, Jingle Writer
- Apply elements of music theory to create musical and tonal structures, including harmonies and melodies.
- Use computers and synthesizers to compose, orchestrate, and arrange music.
- Determine voices, instruments, harmonic structures, rhythms, tempos, and tone balances required to achieve the effects desired in a musical composition.
- Experiment with different sounds, and types and pieces of music, using synthesizers and computers as necessary to test and evaluate ideas.
- Write changes directly into compositions, or use computer software to make changes.
- Transcribe ideas for musical compositions into musical notation, using instruments, pen and paper, or computers.
- Guide musicians during rehearsals, performances, or recording sessions.
- Score compositions so that they are consistent with instrumental and vocal capabilities such as ranges and keys, using knowledge of music theory.
- Write musical scores for orchestras, bands, choral groups, or individual instrumentalists or vocalists, using knowledge of music theory and of instrumental and vocal capabilities.
- Confer with producers and directors to define the nature and placement of film or television music.