Public Address System & Other Announcers
Description : Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
JobTitles : Disc Jockey (DJ), Master of Ceremonies (MC), Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ), Announcer, Public Address Announcer, Bingo Caller, Entertainer, Event Planner, Emcee, Track Announcer
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.