Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Description : Physicians who provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and those who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care to women.
JobTitles : Physician, Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Medical Doctor (MD), OB/GYN (Obstetrician / Gynecologist), OB/GYN Physician (Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician), Obstetrics Gynecology Physician (Ob Gyn Physician), Gynecologist, Obstetrics Gynecology MD (Ob Gyn MD), Attending Physician, Physician Gynecologist
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.