Allergists & Immunologists
Description : Diagnose, treat, and help prevent allergic diseases and disease processes affecting the immune system.
JobTitles : Allergist; Allergist/Immunologist; Allergist/Immunologist, Physician; Allergist/MD; Allergist/Pediatric Pulmonologist; Allergy Physician; Allergy and Immunology Specialist; MD Pediatric Allergist; Physician; Physician, Owner of Independent Medical Practice
- Diagnose or treat allergic or immunologic conditions.
- Order or perform diagnostic tests such as skin pricks and intradermal, patch, or delayed hypersensitivity tests.
- Educate patients about diagnoses, prognoses, or treatments.
- Develop individualized treatment plans for patients, considering patient preferences, clinical data, or the risks and benefits of therapies.
- Prescribe medication such as antihistamines, antibiotics, and nasal, oral, topical, or inhaled glucocorticosteroids.
- Document patients' medical histories.
- Conduct physical examinations of patients.
- Assess the risks and benefits of therapies for allergic and immunologic disorders.
- Interpret diagnostic test results to make appropriate differential diagnoses.
- Provide therapies, such as allergen immunotherapy and immunoglobin therapy, to treat immune conditions.