Description : Provide treatment of symptoms and disorders using needles and small electrical currents. May provide massage treatment. May also provide preventive treatments.
JobTitles : Acupuncturist, Licensed Acupuncturist, Acupuncture Physician
- Insert needles to provide acupuncture treatment.
- Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Adhere to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
- Identify correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients' anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatments such as intradermal needles, moxibution, electricity, guasha, and bleeding.
- Maintain detailed and complete records of health care plans and prognoses.
- Analyze physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Oriental medicine traditions.
- Treat patients using tools such as needles, cups, ear balls, seeds, pellets, and nutritional supplements.
- Develop individual treatment plans and strategies.
- Evaluate treatment outcomes and recommend new or altered treatments as necessary to further promote, restore, or maintain health.
- Collect medical histories and general health and life style information from patients.