Description : Maintain and use equipment and supplies necessary to demonstrate portions of the human body on x-ray film or fluoroscopic screen for diagnostic purposes.
JobTitles : Bone Density Technologist; Chief Technician, X-Ray (Chief Tech, X-Ray); Lead Mammographer; Limited Radiology Technician; Mammographer; Radiographer; Radiologic Technician (RT); Radiology Technician (Radiology Tech); Registered Radiographer; X-Ray Technician (X-Ray Tech)
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance.
- Use beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Process exposed radiographs using film processors or computer generated methods.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain cooperation.
- Determine patients' x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
- Make exposures necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting and repeating work that does not meet established standards.
- Operate digital picture archiving communications systems.
- Transport patients to or from exam rooms.