Occupational Health & Safety Technicians
Description : Collect data on work environments for analysis by occupational health and safety specialists. Implement and conduct evaluation of programs designed to limit chemical, physical, biological, and ergonomic risks to workers.
JobTitles : Construction Safety Consultant; Consultant; Director of Safety; Environmental, Health, and Safety EHS Leader; Health and Safety Tech; Plant Safety Leader; Project Manager, Senior; Safety Professional, Industrial Hygiene Consultant; Safety Specialist; Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Professional
- Test workplaces for environmental hazards, such as exposure to radiation, chemical or biological hazards, or excessive noise.
- Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment, such as hearing protection or respirators.
- Supply, operate, or maintain personal protective equipment.
- Evaluate situations or make determinations when a worker has refused to work on the grounds that danger or potential harm exists.
- Maintain all required environmental records and documentation.
- Prepare or calibrate equipment used to collect or analyze samples.
- Plan emergency response drills.
- Recommend corrective measures to be applied based on results of environmental contaminant analyses.
- Prepare or review specifications or orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Conduct worker studies to determine whether specific instances of disease or illness are job-related.