Description : Perform therapeutic massages of soft tissues and joints. May assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength, or propose client therapy plans.
JobTitles : Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Massage Therapist (CMT), Licensed Massage Practitioner (LMP), Registered Massage Therapist, Bodywork Therapist, Clinical Massage Therapist, Hospice Massage Therapist, Integrated Deep Tissue Massage Therapist, Medical Massage Therapist
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine how massage will be most helpful.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- Assess clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Treat clients in professional settings or travel to clients' offices and homes.
- Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
- Consult with other health care professionals, such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians, and psychologists, to develop treatment plans for clients.