Description : Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
JobTitles : Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharmacy Aide, Ancillary, Pharmacy Assistant, Certified Pharmacy Technician, Front Counter Clerk, Pharmacy Cashier, Certified Pharmacist Assistant, Pharmacy Ancillary
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.