Parking Enforcement Workers
Description : Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
JobTitles : Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO), Community Service Officer, Traffic Control Officer, Parking Control Aid, Parking Control Specialist, Parking Enforcement Monitor, Parking Patroller, Parking Security Attendant, Meter Maid
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Train new or temporary staff.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic signals or signs, and street markings that need to be repainted.
- Investigate and answer complaints regarding contested parking citations, determining their validity and routing them appropriately.