First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation & Serving Workers
Description : Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
JobTitles : Food Service Supervisor, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, Cafeteria Manager, Food Service Manager, Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager, Dietary Manager, Dietary Supervisor, Food Service Director
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Perform various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.