Cooks, Fast Food
Description : Prepare and cook food in a fast food restaurant with a limited menu. Duties of these cooks are limited to preparation of a few basic items and normally involve operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment.
JobTitles : Cook, Pizza Cook, Grill Cook, Crew Member, Line Cook, Crew Person, Crew Trainer, Fry Cook, Pizza Maker, Prep Cook
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, and tacos, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Take food and drink orders and receive payment from customers.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.