Description : Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through waitstaff.
JobTitles : Bartender, Bar Manager, Mixologist, Bar Captain, Bartender Extra
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.