Hosts & Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, & Coffee Shop
Description : Welcome patrons, seat them at tables or in lounge, and help ensure quality of facilities and service.
JobTitles : Hostess, Host, Greeter, Hospitality Coordinator, Dining Room Supervisor, Host Coordinator
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Provide guests with menus.
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
- Receive and record patrons' dining reservations.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.