Description : Operate table games. Stand or sit behind table and operate games of chance by dispensing the appropriate number of cards or blocks to players, or operating other gaming equipment. Distribute winnings or collect players' money or chips. May compare the house's hand against players' hands.
JobTitles : Table Games Dealer, Dealer, Blackjack Dealer, Black Jack Dealer, Poker Dealer, Casino Dealer, 21 Dealer, Games Dealer, Dual Rate Dealer, Card Dealer
- Pay winnings or collect losing bets as established by the rules and procedures of a specific game.
- Stand behind a gaming table and deal the appropriate number of cards to each player.
- Deal cards to house hands, and compare these with players' hands to determine winners, as in black jack.
- Conduct gambling games such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, following all applicable rules and regulations.
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coin money.
- Check to ensure that all players have placed bets before play begins.
- Start and control games and gaming equipment, and announce winning numbers or colors.
- Inspect cards and equipment to be used in games to ensure that they are in good condition.
- Apply rule variations to card games such as poker, in which players bet on the value of their hands.
- Open and close cash floats and game tables.