Amusement & Recreation Attendants
Description : Perform variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
JobTitles : Ski Lift Operator, Ride Operator, Recreation Attendant, Service Representative, Golf Starter and Ranger, Recreation Aide, Recreation Leader, Sports Complex Attendant, Activities Attendant, Community Center Coordinator
- Sell tickets and collect fees from customers.
- Sell and serve refreshments to customers.
- Record details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities.
- Provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
- Direct patrons to rides, seats, or attractions.
- Monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arrange for the removal of unruly patrons.
- Clean sporting equipment, vehicles, rides, booths, facilities, or grounds.
- Keep informed of shut-down and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Operate machines to clean, smooth, and prepare the ice surfaces of rinks for activities such as skating, hockey, and curling.
- Operate, drive, or explain the use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals, or recreation areas.