Description : Select, fit, and take care of costumes for cast members, and aid entertainers. May assist with multiple costume changes during performances.
JobTitles : Dresser, Wardrobe Supervisor, Costume Shop Manager, Costume Seamstress, Wardrobe Assistant, Costume Cutter, Costume Draper, Costumer, Wardrobe Attendant, Theatrical Wardrobe Attendant
- Distribute costumes or related equipment and keep records of item status.
- Arrange costumes in order of use to facilitate quick-change procedures for performances.
- Return borrowed or rented items when productions are complete and return other items to storage.
- Clean and press costumes before and after performances and perform any minor repairs.
- Assign lockers to employees and maintain locker rooms, dressing rooms, wig rooms, or costume storage or laundry areas.
- Provide assistance to cast members in wearing costumes, or assign cast dressers to assist specific cast members with costume changes.
- Design or construct costumes or send them to tailors for construction, major repairs, or alterations.
- Purchase, rent, or requisition costumes or other wardrobe necessities.
- Check the appearance of costumes on stage or under lights to determine whether desired effects are being achieved.
- Inventory stock to determine types or conditions of available costuming.