Morticians, Undertakers, & Funeral Directors
Description : Perform various tasks to arrange and direct funeral services, such as coordinating transportation of body to mortuary, interviewing family or other authorized person to arrange details, selecting pallbearers, aiding with the selection of officials for religious rites, and providing transportation for mourners.
JobTitles : Funeral Director, Funeral Director / Embalmer, Funeral Arranger, Mortician, Licensed Funeral Director, Operations Manager, Funeral Counselor, Funeral Location Manager, Funeral Arrangment Director, Funeral Pre-Need Consultant
- Obtain information needed to complete legal documents, such as death certificates or burial permits.
- Oversee the preparation and care of the remains of people who have died.
- Consult with families or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, or plans for services.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate funerals, burials, or cremations, arranging details such as floral delivery or the time and place of services.
- Perform embalming duties as necessary.
- Arrange for clergy members to perform needed services.
- Contact cemeteries to schedule the opening and closing of graves.
- Provide information on funeral service options, products, or merchandise and maintain a casket display area.
- Close caskets and lead funeral corteges to churches or burial sites.
- Inform survivors of benefits for which they may be eligible.