Description : Provide barbering services, such as cutting, trimming, shampooing, and styling hair, trimming beards, or giving shaves.
JobTitles : Barber, Stylist, Master Barber, Barber Shop Operator
- Clean and sterilize scissors, combs, clippers, and other instruments.
- Cut and trim hair according to clients' instructions or current hairstyles, using clippers, combs, hand-held blow driers, and scissors.
- Drape and pin protective cloths around customers' shoulders.
- Question patrons regarding desired services and haircut styles.
- Clean work stations and sweep floors.
- Record services provided on cashiers' tickets or receive payment from customers.
- Order supplies.
- Shape and trim beards and moustaches, using scissors.
- Stay informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques.
- Suggest treatments to alleviate hair problems.