Description : Sell merchandise, such as furniture, motor vehicles, appliances, or apparel to consumers.
JobTitles : Sales Associate, Sales Consultant, Sales Clerk, Sales Person, Customer Assistant, Clerk, Sales Representative, Design Consultant, Salesman, Bridal Consultant
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.