Real Estate Brokers
Description : Operate real estate office, or work for commercial real estate firm, overseeing real estate transactions. Other duties usually include selling real estate or renting properties and arranging loans.
JobTitles : Broker, Real Estate Broker, Associate Broker, Realtor, Broker Associate, Real Eastate Sales Associate, Real Estate Agent, Office Administrator, Office Manager, Real Estate Associate
- Sell, for a fee, real estate owned by others.
- Obtain agreements from property owners to place properties for sale with real estate firms.
- Monitor fulfillment of purchase contract terms to ensure that they are handled in a timely manner.
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers over property prices and settlement details and during the closing of sales.
- Generate lists of properties for sale, their locations, descriptions, and available financing options, using computers.
- Maintain knowledge of real estate law, local economies, fair housing laws, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government programs.
- Check work completed by loan officers, attorneys, or other professionals to ensure that it is performed properly.
- Arrange for financing of property purchases.
- Appraise property values, assessing income potential when relevant.