Billing, Cost, & Rate Clerks
Description : Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
JobTitles : Billing Clerk, Accountant, Accounts Payable Clerk, Billing Coordinator, Office Manager, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Accounting Assistant, Billing Specialist, Contract Administrator
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Type billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms, using typewriters or computers.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.