Bookkeeping, Accounting, & Auditing Clerks
Description : Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
JobTitles : Accounting Clerk, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Payables Clerk, Bookkeeper, Account Clerk, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Account Receivable Clerk, Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounting Associate
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.