Description : Perform duties related to the purchase, sale or holding of securities. Duties include writing orders for stock purchases or sales, computing transfer taxes, verifying stock transactions, accepting and delivering securities, tracking stock price fluctuations, computing equity, distributing dividends, and keeping records of daily transactions and holdings.
JobTitles : Sales Assistant, Registered Sales Assistant, Client Service Associate, Account Administrator, Registered Account Administrator, Clerk, Client Administrator, Operations Clerk
- Correspond with customers and confer with coworkers to answer inquiries, discuss market fluctuations, or resolve account problems.
- Record and document security transactions, such as purchases, sales, conversions, redemptions, and payments, using computers, accounting ledgers, or certificate records.
- Schedule and coordinate transfer and delivery of security certificates between companies, departments, and customers.
- Prepare forms, such as receipts, withdrawal orders, transmittal papers, or transfer confirmations, based on transaction requests from stockholders.
- File, type, or operate standard office machines.
- Monitor daily stock prices and compute fluctuations to determine the need for additional collateral to secure loans.
- Compute total holdings, dividends, interest, transfer taxes, brokerage fees, or commissions and allocate appropriate payments to customers.
- Prepare reports summarizing daily transactions and earnings for individual customer accounts.
- Verify ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.