Description : Interview persons by telephone, mail, in person, or by other means for the purpose of completing forms, applications, or questionnaires. Ask specific questions, record answers, and assist persons with completing form. May sort, classify, and file forms.
JobTitles : Admissions Clerk, Admissions Representative, Admitting Clerk, Interviewer, Market Research Interviewer, Patient Services Representative, Registrar, Registration Clerk, Research Interviewer, Telephone Interviewer
- Ask questions in accordance with instructions to obtain various specified information, such as person's name, address, age, religious preference, or state of residency.
- Contact individuals to be interviewed at home, place of business, or field location, by telephone, mail, or in person.
- Compile, record, and code results or data from interview or survey, using computer or specified form.
- Review data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy.
- Explain survey objectives and procedures to interviewees and interpret survey questions to help interviewees' comprehension.
- Identify and report problems in obtaining valid data.
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies in interviewees' responses by means of appropriate questioning or explanation.
- Meet with supervisor daily to submit completed assignments and discuss progress.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Assist individuals in filling out applications or questionnaires.