Description : Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress.
JobTitles : Aircraft Dispatcher, City Dispatcher, Dispatch Manager, Dispatcher (Dispatch), Motor Coach Supervisor, Operations Dispatcher, Rail Operations Controller, School Bus Dispatcher, Train Dispatcher, Truck Dispatcher
- Monitor personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Schedule or dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Relay work orders, messages, or information to or from work crews, supervisors, or field inspectors, using telephones or two-way radios.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Record and maintain files or records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, or other dispatch information.
- Receive or prepare work orders.
- Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required, according to work orders or specifications.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems, such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, or other hazards.