Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, & Samplers, Recordkeeping
Description : Weigh, measure, and check materials, supplies, and equipment for the purpose of keeping relevant records. Duties are primarily clerical by nature. Includes workers who collect and keep record of samples of products or materials.
JobTitles : Lab Technician, Quality Assurance Lab Technician, Quality Control Lab Technician, Cycle Counter, Quality Control Technician, Scale Operator, Supply Clerk, Inventory Specialist, Material Control Manager, Quality Control Operator
- Collect or prepare measurement, weight, or identification labels and attach them to products.
- Document quantity, quality, type, weight, test result data, and value of materials or products to maintain shipping, receiving, and production records and files.
- Compare product labels, tags, or tickets, shipping manifests, purchase orders, and bills of lading to verify accuracy of shipment contents, quality specifications, or weights.
- Count or estimate quantities of materials, parts, or products received or shipped.
- Weigh or measure materials, equipment, or products to maintain relevant records, using volume meters, scales, rules, or calipers.
- Communicate with customers and vendors to exchange information regarding products, materials, and services.
- Compute product totals and charges for shipments.
- Collect product samples and prepare them for laboratory analysis or testing.
- Unload or unpack incoming shipments.
- Operate scalehouse computers to obtain weight information about incoming shipments such as those from waste haulers.