Word Processors & Typists
Description : Use word processor, computer or typewriter to type letters, reports, forms, or other material from rough draft, corrected copy, or voice recording. May perform other clerical duties as assigned.
JobTitles : Secretary, Clerk Typist, Administrative Assistant, Program Assistant, Receptionist, Office Manager, Word Processor, Typist, Customer Service Representative, Project Assistant
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Type correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or previous versions, using a computer, word processor, or typewriter.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Print and make copies of work.
- Keep records of work performed.
- Compute and verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills, using adding machine or calculator.
- Collate pages of reports and other documents prepared.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.