Office Clerks, General
Description : Perform duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, stenography, office machine operation, and filing.
JobTitles : Administration Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Clerk, Office Manager, Receptionist, Secretary, Office Assistant, Office Clerk, Customer Service Representative, Office Coordinator
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
- Complete work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.