Office Machine Operators
Description : Operate one or more of a variety of office machines, such as photocopying, photographic, and duplicating machines, or other office machines.
JobTitles : Production Operator, Copy Machine Operator, Copy Center Operator, Production Specialist, Copy Technician, Duplicating Machine Operator, Graphics Production Specialist, Key Operator, Machine Operator, Print Center Specialist
- Read job orders to determine the type of work to be done, the quantities to be produced, and the materials needed.
- Operate office machines such as high speed business photocopiers, reader/scanners, addressing machines, stencil-cutting machines, microfilm reader/printers, folding and inserting, bursting, and binder machines.
- Place original copies in feed trays, feed originals into feed rolls, or position originals on tables beneath camera lenses.
- Compute prices for services and receive payment, or provide supervisors with billing information.
- Sort, assemble, and proof completed work.
- Set up and adjust machines, regulating factors such as speed, ink flow, focus, and number of copies.
- Monitor machine operation, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Load machines with materials such as blank paper or film.
- Maintain stock of supplies, and requisition any needed items.
- File and store completed documents.