Description : Work in nursery facilities or at customer location planting, cultivating, harvesting, and transplanting trees, shrubs, or plants.
JobTitles : Nursery Worker, Grower, Greenhouse Worker, Plant Production Worker, Transplant Worker, Cutter, Field Hand, Garden Center Employee, Harvester, Nursery Harvester
- Plant, spray, weed, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
- Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
- Feel plants' leaves and note their coloring to detect the presence of insects or disease.
- Operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest, and spray fields and plants.
- Inspect plants and bud ties to assess quality.
- Dig, cut, and transplant seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs.
- Move containerized shrubs, plants, and trees, using wheelbarrows or tractors.
- Clean work areas, and maintain grounds and landscaping.
- Haul and spread topsoil, fertilizer, peat moss, and other materials to condition soil, using wheelbarrows or carts and shovels.
- Maintain and repair irrigation and climate control systems.