Drywall & Ceiling Tile Installers
Description : Apply plasterboard or other wallboard to ceilings or interior walls of buildings. Apply or mount acoustical tiles or blocks, strips, or sheets of shock-absorbing materials to ceilings and walls of buildings to reduce or reflect sound. Materials may be of decorative quality. Includes lathers who fasten wooden, metal, or rockboard lath to walls, ceilings or partitions of buildings to provide support base for plaster, fire-proofing, or acoustical material.
JobTitles : Drywall Finisher, Drywall Hanger, Drywall Mechanic, Ceiling Installer, Dry Wall Installer, Exterior Interior Specialist, Metal Framer, Metal Stud Framer, Sheetrock Hanger, Sheetrock Installer
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements.
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
- Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings in offices, schools, or other large buildings, using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary.
- Assemble or install metal framing or decorative trim for windows, doorways, or vents.
- Coordinate work with drywall finishers who cover the seams between drywall panels.
- Trim rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knives.
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.