Description : Lay out, cut, and place segmental paving units. Includes installers of bedding and restraining materials for the paving units.
JobTitles : Paver Installer, Paving Stone Installer, Cutter, Paver, Paver Layer, Segmental Wall Installer
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Supply and place base materials, edge restraints, bedding sand and jointing sand.
- Discuss the design with the client.
- Set pavers, aligning and spacing them correctly.
- Sweep sand into the joints and compact pavement until the joints are full.
- Screed sand level to an even thickness, and recheck sand exposed to elements, raking and rescreeding if necessary.
- Cut paving stones to size and for edges, using a splitter and a masonry saw.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
- Design paver installation layout pattern and create markings for directional references of joints and stringlines.
- Sweep sand from the surface prior to opening to traffic.