Computer, Automated Teller, & Office Machine Repairers
Description : Repair, maintain, or install computers, word processing systems, automated teller machines, and electronic office machines, such as duplicating and fax machines.
JobTitles : Computer Technician, Field Service Engineer, Service Technician, Field Engineer, Computer Repair Technician, Customer Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Computer Consultant, Copier Technician, Electronics Technician
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Travel to customers' stores or offices to service machines or to provide emergency repair service.
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions.
- Advise customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or programming.
- Test new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Assemble machines according to specifications, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
- Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance work or repairs.
- Install and configure new equipment, including operating software or peripheral equipment.