Radio, Cellular, & Tower Equipment Installers & Repairers
Description : Repair, install or maintain mobile or stationary radio transmitting, broadcasting, and receiving equipment, and two-way radio communications systems used in cellular telecommunications, mobile broadband, ship-to-shore, aircraft-to-ground communications, and radio equipment in service and emergency vehicles. May test and analyze network coverage.
JobTitles : Avionics Repair Technician, Avionics Technician, Communications Tower Technician, Field Service Technician, Installation Technician (Installation Tech), Installer, Radio Technician, Tower Climber, Tower Hand, Tower Technician
- Read work orders, blueprints, plans, datasheets or site drawings to determine work to be done.
- Inspect completed work to ensure all hardware is tight, antennas are level, hangers are properly fastened, proper support is in place, or adequate weather proofing has been installed.
- Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools.
- Test operation of tower transmission components, using sweep testing tools or software.
- Run appropriate power, ground, or coaxial cables.
- Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary.
- Replace existing antennas with new antennas as directed.
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components, including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors, or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs).
- Take site survey photos or photos of work performed, using digital cameras.
- Complete reports related to project status, progress, or other work details, using computer software.