Description : Install, inspect, test, adjust, or repair avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, and missile control systems in aircraft or space vehicles.
JobTitles : Avionics Technician, Avionics Electronics Technician, Avionics Installer, Aircraft Electrical Systems Specialist, Aviation Electronics Technician, Avionics Manager, Avionics Systems Integration Specialist, Aviation Electrical Technician, Avionics Electrical Technician (AET), Avionics Tester
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, or voltmeters.
- Keep records of maintenance and repair work.
- Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools or soldering irons.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes, using hand tools or soldering irons.
- Fabricate parts and test aids as required.