Electric Motor, Power Tool, & Related Repairers
Description : Repair, maintain, or install electric motors, wiring, or switches.
JobTitles : Repair Technician, Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Electric Motor Winder, Tool Repair Technician, Power Tool Repair Technician, Service Technician, Electric Motor Repairman, Electro Mechanic, Motor Mechanic
- Measure velocity, horsepower, revolutions per minute (rpm), amperage, circuitry, and voltage of units or parts to diagnose problems, using ammeters, voltmeters, wattmeters, and other testing devices.
- Record repairs required, parts used, and labor time.
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters.
- Maintain stocks of parts.
- Repair and rebuild defective mechanical parts in electric motors, generators, and related equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Rewire electrical systems, and repair or replace electrical accessories.
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and storage batteries, following wiring diagrams.
- Read service guides to find information needed to perform repairs.
- Inspect and test equipment to locate damage or worn parts and diagnose malfunctions, or read work orders or schematic drawings to determine required repairs.
- Solder, wrap, and coat wires to ensure proper insulation.