Electronic Equipment Installers & Repairers, Motor Vehicles
Description : Install, diagnose, or repair communications, sound, security, or navigation equipment in motor vehicles.
JobTitles : Installer, Electronic Technician, Car Stereo Installer, Automotive Technician, Mobile Electronics Installation Specialist, Auto Electrician, Car Audio Installer, Electronic Equipment Installer, Installation Technician, Radio Technician
- Splice wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures and equipment.
- Diagnose or repair problems with electronic equipment, such as sound, navigation, communication, and security equipment, in motor vehicles.
- Inspect and test electrical or electronic systems to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections and testing instruments such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Install equipment and accessories such as stereos, navigation equipment, communication equipment, and security systems.
- Estimate costs of repairs based on parts and labor charges.
- Confer with customers to determine the nature of malfunctions.
- Run new speaker and electrical cables.
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and equipment, using electric drills and routers.
- Replace and clean electrical or electronic components.
- Remove seats, carpeting, and interiors of doors and add sound-absorbing material in empty spaces, reinstalling interior parts.