Automotive Master Mechanics
Description : Repair automobiles, trucks, buses, and other vehicles. Master mechanics repair virtually any part on the vehicle or specialize in the transmission system.
JobTitles : Automotive Technician, Mechanic, Automotive Service Technician, Auto Technician, Shop Foreman, Certified ASE Master Automotive Technician (Certified Automotive Service Excellence Master Automotive Technician), Master Technician, Automobile Technician, Master Automotive Technician, Truck Technician
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.