Automotive Specialty Technicians
Description : Repair only one system or component on a vehicle, such as brakes, suspension, or radiator.
JobTitles : Automotive Technician (Auto Technician), Technician, Mechanic, Air Conditioning Technician (A/C Technician), Trim Technician, Alignment Specialist, Automobile Mechanic (Auto Mechanic), Automotive Worker, Brake Technician, Drivability Technician
- Examine vehicles, compile estimates of repair costs, and secure customers' approval to perform repairs.
- Repair, overhaul, or adjust automobile brake systems.
- Troubleshoot fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment.
- Repair or replace defective ball joint suspensions, brake shoes, or wheel bearings.
- Inspect and test new vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Test electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure proper operation.
- Tune automobile engines to ensure proper and efficient functioning.
- Install or repair air conditioners and service components, such as compressors, condensers, and controls.
- Repair, replace, or adjust defective fuel injectors, carburetor parts, and gasoline filters.
- Remove and replace defective mufflers and tailpipes.