Heating & Air Conditioning Mechanics & Installers
Description : Install, service, or repair heating and air conditioning systems in residences or commercial establishments.
JobTitles : Service Technician; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Service Technician (HVAC Service Technician); Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Technician (HVAC Technician); Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Installer (HVAC Installer); HVAC Specialist (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Specialist); HVAC Technician (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Technician); Air Conditioning Technician (AC Tech); Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Mechanic (HVAC Mechanic); HVAC Installer (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Installer); Mechanic
- Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit.
- Reassemble and test equipment following repairs.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment, according to wiring diagrams, using electrician's hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.