Refrigeration Mechanics & Installers
Description : Install and repair industrial and commercial refrigerating systems.
JobTitles : Refrigeration Mechanic; Refrigeration Technician; Service Technician; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Technician (HVAC / R Technician); Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Technician (HVAC Technician); Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Service Technician (HVAC Service Technician); HVAC/R Service Technician (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Service Technician); Refrigeration Operator; Transportation Refrigeration Technician; Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches.
- Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.