Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairers
Description : Repair and adjust cameras and photographic equipment, including commercial video and motion picture camera equipment.
JobTitles : Technician, Camera Repair Technician, Camera Technician, Repair Technician, Camera Repairman, Photographic Equipment Repair Technician, Photographic Technician (Photo Tech), Photo Equipment Technician, Photo Technologist, Repairman
- Calibrate and verify accuracy of light meters, shutter diaphragm operation, or lens carriers, using timing instruments.
- Disassemble equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Adjust cameras, photographic mechanisms, or equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, or lens systems, using hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate cameras and polish camera lenses, using cleaning materials and work aids.
- Measure parts to verify specified dimensions or settings, such as camera shutter speed or light meter reading accuracy, using measuring instruments.
- Test equipment performance, focus of lens system, diaphragm alignment, lens mounts, or film transport, using precision gauges.
- Examine cameras, equipment, processed film, or laboratory reports to diagnose malfunction, using work aids and specifications.
- Requisition parts or materials.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, or specifications to determine needed repairs, fabrication method, and operation sequence.
- Fabricate or modify defective electronic, electrical, or mechanical components, using bench lathe, milling machine, shaper, grinder, or precision hand tools, according to specifications.