Wind Turbine Service Technicians
Description : Inspect, diagnose, adjust, or repair wind turbines. Perform maintenance on wind turbine equipment including resolving electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic malfunctions.
JobTitles : Field Service Technician; Lead Technician; Maintenance Technician; Operations, Maintenance and Service Wind Turbine Technician (OMS Wind Turbine Technician); Senior Wind Turbine Technician; Technician; Wind Farm Support Specialist; Wind Technician; Wind Turbine Service Technician; Wind Turbine Technician
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Climb wind turbine towers to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, or fiber optic equipment.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services.
- Perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment, underground transmission systems, wind fields substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems.
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.
- Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis.
- Inspect or repair fiberglass turbine blades.