Locksmiths & Safe Repairers
Description : Repair and open locks; make keys; change locks and safe combinations; and install and repair safes.
JobTitles : Locksmith, Lock Technician, Certified Master Locksmith (CML), Service Technician, Certified Master Safecracker (CMS), Forensic Locksmith, Road Service Locksmith, Safe Technician, Certified Master Safe Technician (CMST), Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL)
- Cut new or duplicate keys, using keycutting machines.
- Cut new or duplicate keys using impressions or code key machines.
- Disassemble mechanical or electrical locking devices, and repair or replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, using hand tools.
- Keep records of company locks and keys.
- Set up and maintain master key systems.
- Insert new or repaired tumblers into locks to change combinations.
- Install door hardware such as locks and closers.
- Open safe locks by drilling.
- Move picklocks in cylinders to open door locks without keys.
- Install alarm and electronic access systems.