Engine & Other Machine Assemblers
Description : Construct, assemble, or rebuild machines, such as engines, turbines, and similar equipment used in such industries as construction, extraction, textiles, and paper manufacturing.
JobTitles : Assembler, Machine Assembler, Assembly Line Worker, Fitter, Cell Technician, Engine Assembler, Engine Builder, Field Service Technician, Fuel Injection Technician, Jet Engine Assembler
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
- Set and verify parts clearances.
- Rework, repair, or replace damaged parts or assemblies.
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications manuals and plan assembly or building operations.
- Maintain and lubricate parts or components.
- Assemble systems of gears by aligning and meshing gears in gearboxes.
- Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies, using hand tools, rivet guns, or welding equipment.
- Remove rough spots and smooth surfaces to fit, trim, or clean parts, using hand tools or power tools.