Meat, Poultry, & Fish Cutters & Trimmers
Description : Use hand or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of meat, poultry, and seafood.
JobTitles : Meat Cutter, Trimmer, Deboner, Wing Scorer, Breast Trimmer
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
- Clean, trim, slice, and section carcasses for future processing.
- Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
- Remove parts, such as skin, feathers, scales or bones, from carcass.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Produce hamburger meat and meat trimmings.
- Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use.
- Obtain and distribute specified meat or carcass.
- Separate meats and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
- Weigh meats and tag containers for weight and contents.