Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Description : Set up, operate, or tend welding, soldering, or brazing machines or robots that weld, braze, solder, or heat treat metal products, components, or assemblies. Includes workers who operate laser cutters or laser-beam machines.
JobTitles : Welder, Fabricator, Finishing Technician, Fitter-Welder, Mig Welder, Robot Operator, Braze Operator, Machine Operator, Spot Welder, Technical Associate (TA)
- Turn and press knobs and buttons or enter operating instructions into computers to adjust and start welding machines.
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Load or feed workpieces into welding machines to join or bond components.
- Give directions to other workers regarding machine set-up and use.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Inspect, measure, or test completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Record operational information on specified production reports.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.
- Read blueprints, work orders, or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.